RN to MSN: Case Management
RN to MSN in Case Management Overview
- Students learn how to deliver personalized services to patients to improve their care.
- Students prepare to be professional nurse case managers responsible for the advocacy of improving clinical outcomes.
- Students are taught methods on assessing and monitoring patients, determining eligibility for treatments, making use of clinical pathways in order to determine whether the plan of care meets the patient’s needs, and arranging for additional services as needed in order to help patients.
- Coursework focuses on understanding patient referrals, planning and delivery of care, evaluation of patient results, and the evaluation of overall program effectiveness.
- Clinical field work gives students hands-on experience in research, analyzing data, and coordinating patient care with all members of the health care team while providing individual planning and making sure the care provided is appropriate and cost effective.
Steps to Become a Case Manager
- Complete an Associate’s Degree in Nursing or a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing.</
- Earn a Registered Nurse Certification.</
- Enroll and complete a RN to MSN in case management.
- Obtain certification in case management and proper licensure (requirements vary by state).
Salary and Career Information
- Estimated Salary: Salaries for case managers typically start at $72,000, according to most recent reports on Indeed.com.
- Job Setting:
Case Management MSN Degree Programs
The Online Guide to RN to MSN Programs
RN to MSN programs are designed with registered nurses who want to advance their careers in mind. Most of these programs either focus on a specialization with in nursing or on training nursing for leadership roles. Below are online programs from some of the best schools with MSN programs as well as links for free information.
|RN-MSN - Nurse Admin RN-MSN - Nurse Educator RN-MSN - Nurse Midwife RN-MSN -Women's Health||University of Cincinnati - The University of Cincinnati takes a practical approach to online education using career-oriented assignments, hands-on exercises, and community feedback as the driving force behind each program. Students will feel engaged in their education and confident in transferring what they learned online to the workforce. Cincinnati has four MSN specializations available: Nurse Administration, Nurse Educator, Nurse Midwife, and Women's Health.|
|Nursing (RN to MSN) Nursing Nurse Administrator Nurse Educator Informatics||Kaplan University - Kaplan University is a leader in providing online education. Their programs are accredited and highly-rated because their curriculum is industry-driven with today's technology and practices in mind. Their MSN degree programs range from Nursing (RN to MSN) to a general Masters of Science in Nursing degree as well as helping students become Nurse Administrators, Nurse Educators, or enter Nursing Informatics.|
|Nurse Educator (RN to MSN)||Gonzaga University - Gonzaga University offers a MSN degree that gives students hands-on experience in the field. This fast-paced program can be completed online from any computer with coursework that is inline with today's best practices and standards. This degree is designed for students who want quickly to advance their career as a nurse as it can be completed in just eighteen (18) months.|
|Nurse Educator||Capella University - The accredited MSN degree from Capella University is available on campus and online. This allows students to choose the method that works best for them. The online course is great for students who need better flexibility and convenience for their busy schedules. The MSN degree at CU focuses on the Nurse Educator field.|
|Nursing (RN to MSN)||American Sentinel University - American Sentinel University's accredited, online MSN degree programs can help students find a lucrative career in helping others. With industry-driven curriculum and fast-paced course, students can enter the field with the knowledge they need to fill high demand positions. This degree is intended for students who want to further their careers in nursing.|
|RN-MSN - Adult Care RN-MSN - Nursing Faculty RN-MSN - Entrepreneurship RN-MSN - Management||Drexel University - Drexel University, a one the top 50 schools in the US, offers several accredited RN to MSN programs. Drexel has taken education to your home PC by offering online programs for several of these degrees including Adult Care, Mental Health, Nursing Faculty, Entrepreneurship, and Nurse Management. These programs are designed to be completed in two (2) years.|
|RN to BSN||Utica College - Utica College is an affordable option for students seeking to quickly boost their career. UC offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing through online courses which can be completed at a relatively fast pace. Also, a Bachelor's degree is required for most Masters programs making this program a highly valuable asset to anyone's resume and background.|
|Nursing||Chamberlain College of Nursing - Chamberlain College of Nursing offers accredited degree programs that focus on the nursing field. Because CCN specializes in nursing education, they are able to follow modern standards and best practices closely and deliver programs that students can quickly apply to real-world situations upon graduation. This degree is for students who want to further their nursing education.|
|Nursing Education Clinical Nurse Leader Patient Care Services Administration||Sacred Heart University - Sacred Heart University offers MSN degree programs that can be completed through online courses. These highly-rated programs are great options for students with busy schedules as they can be completed from any computer and at a pace comfortable to you. These programs will prepare students looking to enter nursing education positions, become clinical nurse leaders, or patient care services administrators.|
|MBA/MS: Nursing MBA/MS: Nursing Leadership||Grand Canyon University - Grand Canyon University is a highly-rated leader in online education, backed by years of excellence in helping student works towards their life goals. GCU has two accredited, online degrees for students to choose from. The first, Nursing, gives students a well-rounded education to enter the workforce as a versatile employee. The second, Nursing Leadership, is for students wanting to fill high level positions.|