RN to MSN: Case Management
An RN to MSN in case management is an accelerated program that focuses mainly on planning and managing all aspects of patient care and services for assigned cases. Case management is the combined process of assessment, planning, assistance and promotion of patients’ options and services. Case management jobs are available in hospitals, nursing facilities, outpatient and rehabilitation centers, and in home health care.
RN to MSN in Case Management Overview
- Students learn how to deliver personalized services to patients to improve their care.
- Students prepare to be professional nurse case managers responsible for the advocacy of improving clinical outcomes.
- Students are taught methods on assessing and monitoring patients, determining eligibility for treatments, making use of clinical pathways in order to determine whether the plan of care meets the patient’s needs, and arranging for additional services as needed in order to help patients.
- Coursework focuses on understanding patient referrals, planning and delivery of care, evaluation of patient results, and the evaluation of overall program effectiveness.
- Clinical field work gives students hands-on experience in research, analyzing data, and coordinating patient care with all members of the health care team while providing individual planning and making sure the care provided is appropriate and cost effective.
Steps to Become a Case Manager
- Complete an Associate’s Degree in Nursing or a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing.</
- Earn a Registered Nurse Certification.</
- Enroll and complete a RN to MSN in case management.
- Obtain certification in case management and proper licensure (requirements vary by state).
Salary and Career Information
- Estimated Salary: Salaries for case managers typically start at $72,000, according to most recent reports on Indeed.com.
- Job Setting:
The Online Guide to RN to MSN Programs
|RN-MSN - Nurse Admin RN-MSN - Nurse Educator RN-MSN - Nurse Midwife RN-MSN -Women's Health||University of Cincinnati - The University of Cincinnati takes a practical approach to online education using career-oriented assignments, hands-on exercises, and community feedback as the driving force behind each program. Students will feel engaged in their education and confident in transferring what they learned online to the workforce. Cincinnati has four MSN specializations available: Nurse Administration, Nurse Educator, Nurse Midwife, and Women's Health.|
|Nursing (RN to MSN) Nursing Nurse Administrator Nurse Educator Informatics||Kaplan University - Kaplan University is a leader in providing online education. Their programs are accredited and highly-rated because their curriculum is industry-driven with today's technology and practices in mind. Their MSN degree programs range from Nursing (RN to MSN) to a general Masters of Science in Nursing degree as well as helping students become Nurse Administrators, Nurse Educators, or enter Nursing Informatics.|
|Informatics (RN to MSN) Education (RN to MSN) Leadership/Management (RN to MSN)||Walden University - Walden University offers a variety of accredited degrees in the ever-expanding field of nursing. These positions are always in high demand and the programs at Walden University can be completed at a pace that is comfortable to you. These degrees are for students who want to obtain a General Track MSN degee or specialize in nursing informatics, nursing education, or nursing leadership/management.|
|Nursing (RN to MSN)||American Sentinel University - American Sentinel University's accredited, online MSN degree programs can help students find a lucrative career in helping others. With industry-driven curriculum and fast-paced course, students can enter the field with the knowledge they need to fill high demand positions. This degree is intended for students who want to further their careers in nursing.|
|Nursing Education Clinical Nurse Leader Patient Care Services Administration||Sacred Heart University - Sacred Heart University offers MSN degree programs that can be completed through online courses. These highly-rated programs are great options for students with busy schedules as they can be completed from any computer and at a pace comfortable to you. These programs will prepare students looking to enter nursing education positions, become clinical nurse leaders, or patient care services administrators.|
|MSN: Nursing Admin MSN: Nursing Educator DNP||Liberty University - Liberty University's MSN degree in Nursing Administration is a fast-paced accredited program that can help students quickly achieve their career goals. This program provides an education with practical applications that students can use to succeed when they enter the workforce. The degree program specializes in the administrative roles in nursing and the healthcare system and is available through online courses.|
|MBA/MS: Nursing MBA/MS: Nursing Leadership||Grand Canyon University - Grand Canyon University is a highly-rated leader in online education, backed by years of excellence in helping student works towards their life goals. GCU has two accredited, online degrees for students to choose from. The first, Nursing, gives students a well-rounded education to enter the workforce as a versatile employee. The second, Nursing Leadership, is for students wanting to fill high level positions.|